What Is Hearing Loss?
Hearing loss can be partial or complete and ability in a person to hear and understand the sounds. Hearing loss can be caused by a wide range of different causes and reasons. Most of the causes are due to the environmental conditions and due to the growing age. Moreover, hearing loss can also be caused by any accident such as due to any injury. Hearing loss can also be a genetic issue. Time of successful Technology the audiology is also working at its best to treat all of these hearing loss issues.
In this blog, we are not going to discuss the causes and symptoms of hearing loss. The information by the forest Hills audiology is going to revolve around the types of hearing loss in a person. However, the symptoms and causes of these types of hearing loss can be available in the blog.
Types Of Hearing Loss In Audiology
According to the guide of forest hills audiology, there are mainly two types of hearing loss in audiology. The names of the types are
- Conductive hearing loss
- Sensorineural hearing loss
Again, this guide which is presented to you by forest Hills audiology is explaining both of these types one by one. Let’s discuss the conductive hearing loss
Conductive Hearing Loss
The conductive hearing loss can be due to the blockage within the external canal. Moreover, it can be due to any damage or blockage into the eardrum. Infections and some other diseases in the middle ear can also result in conductive hearing loss. Fixation of the small hearing bones and the disruption are some other reasons for the conductive hearing loss.
Moreover, the causes of conductive hearing loss also include
- The presence of fluid into the middle ear can be due to some cold and allergies
- Infection in the ear and the otitis media also causes bad effects in the eardrum
- Moreover, the poor working of the Eustachian tube results in conductive hearing loss. It is crucial to mention that, Eustachian tubes are the connection of the middle ear and nose. If a person is suffering from conductive hearing loss, he faces the fluid into the middle ear due to which tubes stop working
- There is a possibility that a hole in the eardrum causes conductive hearing loss in a person
- Some sort of benign tumors also causes conductive hearing loss. mentioning that, the tumors are not the cancer but the blockage in the outer or middle sections of the ear
- Excessive earwax which is stuck in the ear canal
- Infection in the ear channel
- Wrong formation of the outer or middle ear causes conductive hearing loss. There is a possibility that an individual was born without the presence of the outer ear. Or May there are some issues in the bones of the middle ear.
Symptoms Of Conductive Hearing Loss
The most common symptoms of the conductive hearing loss which are noticed in individuals are
- Muffled hearing
- Not able to hear the quiet sounds
- Feeling of dizziness
- The hearing ability is reducing with time
- Pain in ear
- Drainage of fluid from the ear
- Feeling that ear are full or maybe stuffy
Sensorineural Hearing Loss
The hearing impairment can be due to inner ear damage in a person. The problem with the nerve pathways also causes hearing loss. The problem with the pathways reduces the connection of the ear with the brain which results in hearing loss.
The causes of Sensorineural hearing loss are
- Exposure to long and loud noises causes Sensorineural hearing loss in a person. Let me mention that, Sensorineural hearing loss due to this cause is not reversible but preventable.
- Growing age becomes the reason of Sensorineural hearing loss
- Head trauma also caused the hearing impairment in the individuals
- Some sort of infections and viruses also causes damage to the inner ear
- Autoimmune inner ear diseases are the common causes of Sensorineural hearing loss
- Heredity is included in the list of causes
- Malformation of the inner ear results in hearing loss
- Meniere’s disease
- Tumors, not cancer but the infections or blockage in the inner ear
Symptoms Of Sensorineural Hearing Loss
- Most of the people face trouble in hearing the sounds. This symptom is noticed when the background noise is loud
- Difficulty in understanding the children and female voices are the other symptoms of hearing loss
- Continuous feeling of dizziness and as well as balancing problems
- Difficulty in hearing the sounds which are of high pitched
- Most of the sounds and voices are seen to be muffled
- Furthermore, the symptoms include the feeling of some voices but not understanding them
- tinnitus or the feeling of a bell ringing in the ears
Mixed Hearing Loss
The mixed hearing loss was not mentioned in the types of hearing loss but it is the third type. The forest hills audiology states that mixed hearing loss shows the symptoms of conductive hearing loss and as well as of Sensorineural. Similarly, when the causes of both conductive and Sensorineural hearing loss are found in a person it’s the mixed hearing impairment. The treatment of mixed hearing loss will include the techniques of both of the other types.
To Wrap It Up
Knowing about the types of hearing loss along with their causes is crucial for the suitable treatment. If you are well aware form the causes of hearing loss, then availing the proper medication at the right times becomes easy. The forest hills audiology is available with the proper guide to keep you aware form the types of hearing loss with their common symptoms. They are not just providing the guide, but you can get the best treatment for almost all the hearing issues. The audiologists of forest hills audiology are working at their best to spread awareness related to the hearing issues. By following the instructions of the professionals you can prevent most of the hearing loss issues.
If you are noticing any of the above-mentioned symptoms, you should consult the audiologist for the proper medication.
Our Address: 110-11 72nd Avenue Forest Hills,NY 11375